Connect EP 01 to a wired audio source
Learn how to use the optional Low-Latency Gaming Cable with your EP 01, so you can connect to wired-only audio sources and avoid the audio delay of Bluetooth.
How to connect the Low-Latency Gaming Cable:
- Connect the 3.5 mm plug of the Low-Latency Gaming Cable to the headphone jack of your wired audio source (e.g. a gaming controller, a media player, a musical instrument).
- Connect the magnetic connectors of the Low-Latency Cable to the charging ports on the back of your EP 01.
What happens when you connect the Low-Latency Gaming Cable connects?
When the Low-Latency Gaming Cable connects to your EP 01, a few things change:
- The button light on your EP 01 blink cyan rapidly four times to confirm that a a secure connection is made.
- Your Bluetooth headphones, if connected, will disconnect from EP 01.
- Why? Because all Bluetooth headphones have a delay that would eliminate the low-latency benefits of the Low-Latency Gaming Cable. Learn more about Bluetooth latency.
- If your phone was streaming sound to your EP 01, playback will stop.
- EP 01 switches audio source from Bluetooth audio to the Low-Latency Gaming Cable.
- The device status in the Drop Labs app changes to “Connected to Low-Latency Gaming Cable”.
- If you try to play audio from your phone (e.g. play something in a music app), EP 01 will immediately stop that playback as long as the Low-Latency Gaming Cable is connected to your EP 01.
Adjusting intensity while the Low-Latency Gaming Cable is connected
Use the Drop Labs app to adjust the intensity of sensation, same as you would while connected to a Bluetooth.
Combine the Low-Latency Gaming Cable with the Headphone Splitter
Use the Headphone Splitter in combination with your Low-Latency Gaming Cable if you also want your wired headphones to play the sound from your wired audio source.
- Connect the Headphone Splitter to the 3.5 mm headphone jack of your audio source.
- Connect the plug of the Low-Latency Cable to the jack of the Headphone Splitter marked with a shoe icon
- Connect the plug of your wired headset to the Headphone Splitter jack marked with the headset icon
with wired headphones
Learn how to connect your EP 01 to a wired sound source and wired headphones, so you can use the system without Bluetooth audio.
Use the Low-Latency Cable for gaming, watching movies or creating music — any application where every millisecond of latency counts.
Combine with the Headphone Splitter to connect both EP 01 and headphones. Compatible with mic-enabled gaming headsets with a 3.5mm TRRS plug.
How to connect
- Connect the plug of the Headphone Splitter to the 3.5 mm headphone jack of your wired audio source.
- Connect the plug of your wired headset to the Headphone Splitter jack marked with a headset icon
Connect the plug of the Low-Latency Cable to the jack of the Headphone Splitter marked with a shoe icon
Connect the magnetic connectors of the Low-Latency Cable to the charging ports on the back of your EP 01.
USE CABLE CLIPS TO PREVENT TANGLING
Use the Cable Clips to prevent cords from tangling and moving around.
- Attach the cylindrical portion of the clip to the cable.
- Attach the clip to your clothing to keep it in place.
- Move and adjust as needed to secure cables and ensure freedom to move.