Set up EP 01 with Android
This article shows you how to set up your EP 01 with your Android phone and the DropLabs app for Android.
Optional: Schedule a setup session
Schedule a free online session with a product specialist to set up your EP 01. Let us guide you through the setup in realtime via a video call.
Prepare for setup
To make setup as smooth as possible, have these items ready before you start:
- An Android phone with Android 6 or newer.
- Bluetooth® headphones.
- A music app on your phone (e.g. Apple Music or Spotify).
- An internet connection on your phone.
- The DropLabs app installed on your Android phone
1. Pair EP 01 with your Android phone
To control EP 01 with the DropLabs app, you must pair and connect EP 01 to your Android phone via Bluetooth.
- Turn on your EP 01 by pressing the circular button on each shoe until the light turns on.
- Go to the Settings app on your Android phone.
- Tap Connection Settings (on some phones it's called Connections).
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
- Tap Bluetooth.
- Look for "Drop Labs EP 01" in the list of Available devices.
- Tap Drop Labs EP 01
2. Update your EP 01
Tap the button below to update your EP 01. It will take less than a minute.
Important: EP 01 must be paired and connected to your Android phone.
3. Pair headphones with EP 01
Pair headphones with your EP 01, so you can listen to music, hear game audio, or other content that you’re playing from your phone via Bluetooth to EP 01.
- Swipe up the white headphone control at the bottom of the screen that says "Select headphones to pair".
- The status message changes to “Scanning for headphones…”
- Put your headphones into pairing mode.
- How to put into pairing mode varies by model. Please refer to the manual for your headphones if you don't know how to.
- Note: It can take up to a minute for your headphones to appear in the list.
4. Play music on your Android phone
Let's to a soundcheck to confirm that audio plays from your phone to your EP 01 and headphones.
- Open a music app on your Android phone (e.g. Spotify).
- Play your favorite track.
5. Adjust the intensity of EP 01
Learn to adjust the intensity of your EP 01, so you can make it feel milder or more intense to suit your preference.
Just like you adjust headphone volume depending on what you listen to, how noisy the environment is, and how loud you like it at any given moment, you will probably want to adjust the intensity of your EP 01. Here’s how.
- Drag the edge of the red Intensity Indicator to change its size.
- The bigger the red Intensity Indicator: more intense.
- The smaller the red Intensity Indicator: less intense.
When you are streaming Bluetooth audio from your phone, adjusting EP 01 intensity does not adjust headphone volume, and vice versa.
Mute or unmute the intensity
- To mute the intensity of your EP 01, tap the center of the Intensity Control.
- To unmute, tap the center of the Intensity Control again.
Headphone sound continues playing even if you mute your EP 01.