Software Quality Assurance Manager
Drop Labs is a consumer electronics startup based in Echo Park, Los Angeles. We are creating an innovative audio-immersive technology that will change the way people experience music, entertainment and gaming.
Drop Labs is seeking a full time software quality assurance manager to work on all digital projects across firmware, app, and web projects. At a high level this person will be responsible with all digital verification and validation deliverables. We favor someone that has more experience on the embedded software side versus mobile or web.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field.
- 5+ years of strong experience in software quality assurance
- 3+ years of experience in one of the following technical field: Bluetooth or audio
- 3+ years of experience working with embedded systems
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), time management and interpersonal skills.
- Deep technical understanding of software fundamentals and how software is built.
- Basic understanding of how electronics work.
- Basic understanding of how mobile and web applications work.
- Familiarity with agile development methodology and development sprints.
- Experience working with test case management tools like TestRail.
- Experience working with Atlassian project management tools Jira and Confluence.
- Experience using app deployment tools such as HockeyApp, TestFlight and Google Play Alpha.
- Preferred to have experience working on agile teams related to firmware projects.
- Manages a small team of talented QA engineers.
- Work cross functionally with firmware, mobile, UX, electrical, hardware, customer support and executives.
- Create, manage and maintain test plans.
- Coordinate, and oversee all test plan executions.
- File, update, assign, and maintain bug tickets.
- Do a lot of testing.
- Be the lead on 2 or more technical aspects (i.e. Bluetooth, audio, electrical)
- Sign off on QA deliverables.
- Do tasks from an electrical perspective (i.e. use a digital multimeter to probe for voltage, solder cables, check for electrical shorts).
- Manage the software verification and validation schedule.
- Triage incoming tickets.
- Report on the overall state of software based on existing bugs, new features, upcoming features, etc.
- Build release notes.
- Take on release management duties.
- Domestic and international travel up to 5-10% of the time.