Senior Electrical Engineer
Drop Labs is a consumer electronics startup based in Echo Park, Los Angeles. We are creating an innovative audio-immersive technology that will change the way people experience music, entertainment and gaming.
Drop Labs is seeking a full time senior electrical engineer to work on various consumer electronic audio projects primarily focused on the manufacturing aspects of hardware.
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering
- 7+ years electrical engineering experience (consumer electronics preferred)
- Excellent English and Mandarin communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of electrical manufacturing processes
- Able to problem solve and troubleshoot as the need arises
- Experience with mass production of consumer grade electronics
- Technical expertise in PCB fabrication techniques / Interpreting engineering drawings
- Competent in the use of electrical engineering software
- Will travel to work in distant locations, domestic and/or international, as needed
- Support evening international conference calls as required.
- Experience in audio and RF products is a plus
- Experience in testing support for FCC, EMC and other regulatory certifications is a plus
- Competent in Eagle Cad for electronic layouts is a plus
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Collaborates with design engineers on design and manufacturability issues
- Coordinates with production on day-to-day activities
- Troubleshoots existing process to improve quality, cost, and efficiency
- Support manufacturing department with product development and testing
- Provide quality assurance for ongoing projects
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components; soliciting observations from operators.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Domestic and international travel up to 10-20% of the time.