Drop Labs is a consumer electronics startup based in Echo Park, Los Angeles. We are creating an innovative audio-immersive technology that will change the way people experience music, entertainment and gaming.
Drop Labs is seeking a full time DSP engineer to work on various consumer electronic audio projects.
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience working with audio processing on embedded systems.
- 5+ years of experience working on basic features for embedded systems (i.e. buttons, LED, state machines, etc).
- 5+ years of experience working on ground-up development of bi-quad filters such as low-pass, high-pass, notch filters, resampling filters, etc.
- Experience with unit testing audio filters working in time and frequency domains.
- Experience working in assembly code.
- Experience coding in C in a resource constrained OS-less environment (no embedded Linux, no malloc)
- Experience with source control systems such as Git.
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
- Able to problem solve and troubleshoot as the need arises.
- Experience with mass production of consumer grade electronics is a plus.
- Experience working with wireless audio streaming is a plus.
- Experience debugging digital audio communication interfaces such as I2S is a plus.
- Support evening international conference calls as required.
- Will travel to work in distant locations, domestic and/or international, as needed.
- Systems requirements analysis
- Signal processing architecture
- Algorithm development
- General firmware development
- Performance verification and validation
- Fixed point model conversion for hardware implementation
- Software/hardware partitioning and trades
- Hardware/software implementation collaboration
- Hands-on system performance verification and validation in the lab
- Inherit and maintain an existing audio chain.
- Work on DSP software across various chipsets and components.
- Work closely with firmware, software, electrical, and mechanical engineers.
- Develop code that is confirming to our internal code style guidelines.
- Domestic and international travel up to 10-20% of the time.