Software Program Manager
DropLabs is an innovative startup galvanizing the world of digital entertainment through sensory perception.
Drop Labs is seeking a full time software program manager to work on all digital projects across firmware, app, and web projects. At a high level this employee will be responsible for all schedule related tasks pertaining to the software team and how it all integrates with the greater hardware schedule. This employee will also take on scrum master and release manager responsibilities.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field.
- 3+ years of strong experience in software development scheduling and resource allocation.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), time management and interpersonal skills.
- Deep technical understanding of software fundamentals and how software is built.
- Basic understanding of how firmware, mobile and web applications work.
- Familiarity with agile development methodology and development sprints.
- Experience working with Atlassian project management tools Jira and Confluence.
- Experience using app deployment tools such as HockeyApp, TestFlight and Google Play Alpha.
- Preferred to have experience working on agile teams related to firmware projects.
- Monitor and manage multiple teams/projects to ensure they are completed on time and within budget.
- Manages tasks for 15+ software engineers on-site and off-shore.
- Define the software development and release process.
- Report on the overall state of software based on existing bugs, new features, upcoming features, etc.
- Based on sprint cadence build higher-level deliverables schedules for upper management.
- On a daily basis focus on the success of each sprint (especially focusing on blockers).
- Take on Jira management duties for the entire company.
- Conducts a first pass at inbound Jira tickets (i.e. assigning, updating fields, labeling, asking additional questions, etc.)
- Conducts bi-weekly bug triage with the app, firmware and QA teams.
- Constantly updating tickets based on changing business requirements.
- Coordinate with hardware teams to keep the software and hardware schedules in sync.
- Coordinate sprint demos.
- Coordinate the daily sprint stand up for local and off-shore teams.
- Coordinate and document each sprint retrospective.
- Coordinates the release of firmware, apps and web software.
- Provides a sprint report at the end of each release.
- Works closely with offshore teams to keep them on schedule and within cost .
- Works closely with all stakeholders to ensure requirements/designs are clear for the software/QA teams to execute.
- Works closely with the many teams (i.e. UX, factory, EE, ME, QA) to identify tickets for future sprints.
- Helps facilitate the negotiation of what gets worked on for each sprint based on various stakeholder needs.
- Collect all release notes from the QA, engineering and UX teams.
- Manages what is checked into various branches or environments based on release stability needs.
- Release builds through TestFlight, and Google Play Alpha.
- Takes on inventory, purchasing, allocation, and any other tasks that keep the software teams focused on delivery.
- Domestic and international travel up to 5-10% of the time.